taken for granted?

my life has entered the so-called "phase I" stage of adulthood...the stage where i mature spiritually...mentally and physically...

younger years swiftly passed by.....my moments on the tire swing, monkey bars, tee ball and kick ball even...gone....engraved in my heart...moments i will never forget...
kindergarten friends, the early years of elementary my first teachers....gym class...the reason i love PE...yeah memories never forgotten...memories i longed for but cannot go back...
new chapters are popping up constantly....blank pages...where time does all the writing...we ourselves simply fill in the blanks...
as we grow old...our book of life grows thicker and thicker....writing...turning...never closing...engraving the names of friends...loved ones...and enemies along the way...

Life has no meaning itself...but it's a wonderful feeling...


im no action star...no sports hero...im a normal filipino highschool student...but with the media clouding my thoughts of glamour and fame...what the heck have i done to my life!?
i just might be forgetting one thing,....you are who you choose to be...i can strive to be an actor if i really wanted to...i could own people in any sport if i really wanted to...but no....i chose this...i chose writing...i chose self-expression...being a gamer...audiophile (another term for music lover)...and anime lover...these are the sources of my opinions...my emotions..my perspective in life...where i get my inspiration in writing what i love...doing what i do...and doing my best in what i do ^_^.

im sweet sixteen and before i know it...my teenage life is gone...over...kapput...finished...gone forever...now...doing what i do...i don't know if i can say that i've wasted half my life with anime, music, friends, video games..when i could be studying or working just like my other classmates.....yeah im filled with privileges...i've been to numerous countries..been to disneyland..at least 8 states..i've been endowed with the latest technology...have wonderful friends a loving family...

but being the person that i am...have i taken those amazing things for granted?...were they all for nothing?

maybe yes...maybe no...but one thing's certain....they helped me become the person i am today..im no varsity...im no scholar...im nothing special either...im not any of those.....im reian
0 Responses