500 Days of Summer

You cant describe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, thats all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence. There are no miracles. There is no such thing as fate. Nothing is meant to be. These were the final lines of a movie about love, epic words that my brother and I found to be a lyrical masterpiece.



Last night I was watching 500 Days of Summer with my family, it's a refreshing look on how you interpret the events of your life. We've always believed that everything happens for a reason, whatever is happening around you or within you has a greater purpose. With that in thought I remember a ton of firsts, the first conversation with a friend, the first little league game, the first kiss, the first love, the first phone call we come to believe that all of those firsts all happen for a reason. What if all of that was a mere coincidence? I met my dear friends by chance on the way going home from school, my first girlfriend at a competition which I wasn't even a part of, my knack of writing because of an English teacher.This is truly a debunking of the whole "destiny" mentality people usually have with life, It taught me that when an opportunity comes you might as well grasp it with all your might. A definitely good movie.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    ^_^